Thursday, November 29, 2007

Week 10 #23

YEAH!!!!!
Looking back over this journey, I find that "the more things change, the more things remain the same." I can't help but compare nearly every aspect of the 23 things to it's precursor in the non-computer world. Blogs are just computerized diaries (Mary Chestnutt would have had a ball in the 21st century!); wiki's are lists (these aren't attached to the frig door but same difference); youtube is an in-your-home equivalent of the traveling circus/vaudeville; and avatars are paper dolls for adults (with WAAAAAAYYYY more choices!). I'm glad to have learned many of these things just so I can help our patrons (I've already started developing a Zoho class for my computer students), but as I've posted before, I think that many of these things are not positive, not helpful and desperately need cataloging rules!

No comments: