Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Week 8 #18

I think I pretty much talked about my feelings on computerized social networking last blog - I don't like it. I think it's a way for people to hide behind words and avatars. Just as with the wikis, I can see that a group might have a social network to keep up with what's going on - my mother's family has one for the family which is spread out all over the states and into Europe, but just to put information on the web randomly, like casting a worm into the lake to see what you get, is simply beyond me. If these people are so interested in actually having a relationship with someone, why don't they get out and have one? Instead of joining myspace.com, why don't they volunteer somewhere or join an actual club with real people? Sorry, I just don't get it.

No comments: