Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Week 9 #20

Not only am I back to kicking and screaming, I am appalled that this site, which is semi-BLOCKED by our filters (although there is a way to get around the filter by clicking on that it is being used for "work-related purposes") is being used as a teaching aid. This may be a generational thing or it may be that I am not a TV watcher but I actually think the problem is that after you've seen the kitten massaging the puppy and said the obligatory "AAAWWWWW!" the point of this site is to promote free filth. There is no other explanation for why a site that is supposedly a place to share videos allows film of hard core sex, live executions and people shooting up heroin to be shown to children. Let's be real, if I want cutesy, I can watch America's Funniest Animals; if I want news there are a lot of legitimate news sites but if I want filth, it's been gathered, sorted and filed alphabetically. Thanks YouTube!

P.S. I do appreciate that the filters do not allow me to order Victoria's Secrets.

No comments: